Tuesday 13 August 2013

1st Doctors Appointment

So after our exciting news on Sunday, I found myself testing again on Monday, and again on Tuesday (Just to make sure you see- I wonder how long that'll continue!)

I popped into Boots on my way to work on Tuesday 28th and saw a leaflet saying that as soon as you find out you're pregnant, to get a doctors appointment, so that's what I did, and even managed to get one for the same day!

Me and hubby had decided that we would wait until the 12 week mark to tell anyone, so I was super excited to be able to actually say the words 'I'm Pregnant' to someone else! 


It's as if saying them out loud somehow makes it feel more real!


The doc was really nice and congratulated us before running through some general questions such as If I smoke (not anymore!) or drink, or am on any other medication.

He then weighed me (cringe), took my blood pressure and asked me If I'd worked out my due date.

OBVIOUSLY that was the first thing I did and It's February 7th 2014 by the way.

He then asked me what hospital I'd like to give birth in, we told him, and he said that the hospital would be in touch in the next few weeks to arrange our first appointment and scan.

For the next 10 weeks or so we were told that there wasn't a lot to do, just continue to take my folic acid (400mg per day until week 12 is recommended) and just sit tight.

Easy for him to say!

Before we left he handed us the Spring/Summer Issue of Emma's Diary, a little week by week magazine about pregnancy which also has an AMAZING website, which you can find here.

I thought that was quite a nice touch personally!

So, for now all we can do is wait, and hope that I don't suddenly develop hideous morning sickness in the meantime! 


No comments:

Post a Comment